Capital is not enough
You, the CEO, have many choices when deciding to receive investment capital. Our firm aims to be your best choice. As we assembled our team, one thought stood out: capital is not enough. Private equity firms need to bring more than capital to the companies in which they invest. With hundreds of billions of dollars in private equity dry powder, private equity firms face increasing competition for deals. They must differentiate themselves. Whether venture, lower middle market, middle market, or large buyout, private equity firms must adapt. Unfortunately, industry pressures, norms, biases, do not provide much incentive to change.
We choose to be different from the beginning. We will always push ourselves to understand our industries better through strong research to make sure we help you become an industry leader. We will leverage our relationships and technology to scour the market to ensure we find the best paths to exit for you or find future acquisitions that will make you stronger. While most private equity firms tout some of the points above, we will truly distinguish ourselves in our roll-up-the-sleeves approach through technical operations.
Aside from capital, we bring a hands-on team with individuals who have worked at and built best in class technology companies in Silicon Valley and beyond. Our team has:
- facilitated international growth of companies to over 40 countries,
- grown a company from zero to $70 million of annual consumer subscription revenue without venture funding,
- trained hundreds of software engineers,
- founded a data science platform used by 40 U.S. hospitals,
- acquired a cloud solutions business in one country and integrated it into another in a different country,
- built a consumer styling business into $20 million of annualized recurring revenue without institutional funding,
- pioneered the technology-enablement of a chemical manufacturer utilizing software best practices,
- scaled an edtech company to $12 million in revenue without external funding,
- built software products used by 1 million small to large enterprises.
Aside from technical operations inside of fast-growing technology startups and middle market companies, our team has learned from seeing the insides of companies such as Accenture, Amazon, Disney, Evercore, GoDaddy, Goldman Sachs, Google, IBM, Intel, KKR, McKinsey & Company, Microsoft, Sequoia Capital, Symantec, TCW, Vista Equity Partners, VMware, and the U.S. Treasury. We’ve also invested in dozens of companies in consumer, healthcare, internet, media, services, and software. Lastly, we’ve done deep industry research covering public companies such as Amgen, Comcast, Facebook, Home Depot, Johnson & Johnson, Netflix, Procter & Gamble, Expedia, LinkedIn, Marriott, Pepsico, Walmart, and Yahoo. We want you to have access to all this in your next leg of growth.
East Los Capital is not your typical lower middle market private equity firm. We’re here to join forces with you to maximize your potential.
East Los Capital
© 2021 East Los Capital